Search engine optimisation is a mixture of various techniques that aim to optimise your search engine rankings so that your site appears at the top of relevant search results and on top of your competitors. Many business owners don’t fully understand the fundamentals of SEO and its purpose. It can be tricky to find the right combination of techniques to work for your business, and that’s because the Google algorithm is always changing.
As search engine optimisation experts in Adelaide, we’re going to bust six myths surrounding SEO.
- SEO Is All About Keywords– While keywords do play an important role in SEO, they are not as important as many business owners think. In fact, cramming too many keywords into your site could have detrimental effects as it may appear ‘spammy’ to the Google algorithm.
- You Can Achieve Overnight Results– There are many SEO companies and digital marketing agencies out there that promise overnight results. But good, sustainable SEO can take months to yield results.
- SEO Is Easy, And You Can Do It Yourself– You can definitely attempt to do your own SEO, but if you don’t have sufficient time to dedicate to learning about SEO, you could risk blacklisting your site by implementing unsound SEO strategies.
- Meta Descriptions Can Make Or Break Your SEO– Meta descriptions are essentially page descriptions. And contrary to popular belief, they don’t have a direct impact on search rankings. That being said, careful consideration should still be paid to meta descriptions, and you should play by all the meta description ‘rules’
- Don’t Link Other Businesses– Many business owners are scared of linking other businesses to their site in case they hand over potential customers to their competitors. But careful linking is very important if you want to prove to Google that your site adds value.
- Interesting Content Is Vital– Content is king, right? Well…yes. But that doesn’t mean you need to overload your site with meaningless content, especially your home page. All of your content should be purposeful and concise to keep potential customers interested.
Are you looking for search engine optimisation solutions in Adelaide? Speak to one of our expert digital marketers at KOA Digital via email or call us on 0407 992 903.